NSW Fair Trading is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are working towards meeting the WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliance and increasing the accessibility and usability of our website to support vulnerable consumers.
The following outlines site-wide features that improve the accessibility of our website:
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files are found on this website. Many pages can be printed or downloaded as PDF fact sheets for use by educators and community workers.
- Most fact sheets are also available in large print versions. Look for the large print icon across the site.
- If an alternative and accessible format is not provided on the website and you cannot access a PDF file, please contact Fair Trading on 13 32 20.
- A 'Skip to content' link is available for users using text-only browsers or with CSS disabled. This link appears at the top of the page and allows you to skip directly to the page content without having to scroll past the primary navigation.
- Text sizes can be increased and decreased using the and icons at the top right and bottom right of the content on each page.
- Pages are print-friendly and can be printed using the print icon in the top right and bottom right of the content on each page.
- This website has been developed to display adequately on most commonly used browsers. The site will scale to both high and low screen resolutions.
- Pages are being adapted so that users will be able to listen to text when on the page or download it for later use. To access this option:
- Select listen at the top of the page. The player will expand and will read the main contents of the page back to you. The text is highlighted as it is read. This can be switched off or configured using the settings icon.
- Select the download link on the player to download a small MP3 file. You can load the MP3 file onto your portable MP3 player or smart phone for later use. This can be used to relay information to someone who does not have an internet connection. If the contents of the page changes you will need to download the MP3 file again.
- Check your computer's sound settings if you cannot hear the audio.
NSW Fair Trading has an access and equity strategy that provides a framework to ensure our programs meet the needs of all our customers. The strategy encompasses:
- people with a disability
- culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- young people.
The website provides information sections specifically tailored to some of Fair Trading's special audiences – Indigenous and young people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse communities. Where a page in English in the main body of the website, has an equivalent section for these special audiences, a direct link is available from the top right of the content section of the page.
If you experience any difficulty in accessing the NSW Fair Trading website, please contact us.
Top of page