Change text size:   Increase font size   Reduce font size  |   Print page:   Print this page
  |   Contact us   

Find out more information 

Sometimes, even after talking it over, you still can't manage to resolve the problem. In this situation the next step is to gain more information on your rights and responsibilities or find out who is responsible for the industry or practice you are having difficulties with.

Many types of business have their own internal complaint resolution body. These industry based organisations may assist to resolve complaints or simply provide advice to consumers. If you are not sure if there is an industry association which covers your dispute or who you should contact, you can call NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20. 

So what's my next step?

When parties to a dispute are unable to reach a settlement, the consumer or home owner can lodge a complaint with NSW Fair Trading. You can lodge a complaint online, download a complaint form for mailing or faxing, contact Fair Trading on 13 32 20 or visit your nearest Fair Trading Centre.

Lodge a home building complaint online
Lodge a general complaint online
Home building complaint form  in PDF format (size: 175kb)
General complaint form in PDF format (size: 157kb)
Fair Trading Centre locations

You may find the following information helpful in understanding what happens once a complaint has been lodged.

How your home building complaint is handled
How your general complaint is handled

Top of page

Get a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader so you can access PDF versions of our information.