Change text size:   Increase font size   Reduce font size  |   Print page:   Print this page
  |   Contact us   

Resolving issues 

If you have a problem with a business, trader, landlord or tenant, these three steps may help you resolve it.




Talk it over

Speak or write to your supplier and explain how you want the situation resolved.

Tips and sample letters can be accessed from Talk it over


Find out more information

If you still cannot resolve the problem, the next step is to gain more information on your rights and responsibilities or find out who is responsible for the industry or practice you are having difficulties with.

Discover how to find out more information.

If you still need further information you can make an enquiry online


Lodge a complaint

If you have not been able to resolve your problem, you can lodge a complaint online or download a complaint form for mailing. Alternatively, phone NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20 to discuss how to lodge a complaint.

Lodge a complaint 

Listen to information about when things go wrong and resolving disputes with traders

Read about how your home building complaint is handled
Read about how your residential tenancy complaint is handled
Read about how your general complaint is handled
Read about how your land lease community complaint is handled